Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby's First Easter!

This past Sunday was our first Easter with our beautiful wonderful amazing baby girl Corbi-lou. So of course I was SUPER EXCITED! She had the super ridiculous hairbow and the adorable blue dress, not to mention the coolest Hello Kitty Easter basket a girl could possibly hope for! It was so fun.

Here she is, chilling with daddy. It was pretty bright outside! A nice change after all the rain we've been getting.



And here we are together. I'm wearing her lamb ears. They were cute, but I think they look better on her! :) (I'm also pretty sure I had them on backwards!)



And the hunt begins! She was a little cranky, so she had her pacifier, but once she realized what was going on, it was quickly forgotten.



Completely fascinated with her first egg! She spent a good two to three minutes examining the egg, without even trying to put it in her mouth! When she realized there were more to play with, there was no stopping her!



The plastic ones were her favorites because she could shake them, making the treats (and sometimes money) inside of them rattle!



I has an egg!!!! She was so happy, she would not stop laughing. :)



She also did not like when I put her eggs in the basket. Those were her eggs, and she wanted to play with them!



Tired out from all the fun and excitement. Not to mention the complete lack of her afternoon nap.



Overflowing with eggs! Which we had to protect from her cousins who were bound and determined to have them!



Alas, she just couldn't stand for the eggs to actually be in the basket. And HEY, what's this cool papery stuff?! Is it edible?



And so we had a fun day! And I had a fun day cleaning up green and pink Easter grass from one end of my living room to the other the next day!

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY! It's her super awesome FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY...and then Monday....THE ZOO! :D (Shh, don't remind her of Tuesday. It's our one-year shots!)

3 comments:

Anna said...

LOVE the spaghetti and Easter pics! I haven't been brave enough to just let Aaron feed himself anything but bread, cheerios, solid non-saucy stuff like that so props! Those times certainly make for great photos. :) And you know what, I really regret it but we didn't do anything for Easter with Aaron! I had to drop my mom off before at the airport at like, 7:30 AM and then we had church from 9-12 and Aaron was just tired and grouchy so he slept away the afternoon and still wasn't in a great mood that evening so we let the Easter thing go. Oh well, there's always next year. :/ I've just gotta say though how Corbin looks so good in that shade of blue!

Unknown said...

corbin looks like she had a whole lotta fun at easter wish i was young enough for an easter egg hunt still lol :)

Dommi said...

Looks like Corbin had a great easter! Maxwell didn't like it when I put his eggs in the basket either. I cannot wait to see her Birthday pictures!