Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bet you're wondering what a C.O.X.C.U. is, aren't you?

I haven't written in a while, and I think it's because I get very frustrated when I get on my computer lately because we've been having internet issues. A technician actually came out yesterday but didn't do anything, and that was also frustrating. I just want to brag about my beautiful daughter; is that so wrong?!

Things, as always, are wonderful. My daughter, who really is America's Next Top Model, grows more and more beautiful everyday. I'm not kidding, she's gorgeous! And for those who were asking, her eyes are almost brown, with a hint of greenish-blue in the center. I think they will eventually turn brown completely, like Ryan's, and I'm totally fine with that. I'm resigned to just sharing my nose. And that's cool I guess. Except I HATE my nose. :P Well...I guess Corbin and I share more our of personalities than our looks. :)

For example, what do you do when you want daddy to pay attention to you and do something for you? Well, whining doesn't hurt!



(Okay, okay, I totally kid! Ryan is amazing, I hardly have to ask him to do anything. He's right there, being the best daddy and best husband ever. I'm so lucky.)

In other news, Corbin can almost sit up on her own! She can hold herself up pretty well, usually using her hands as a brace, and if she's on the bed, she'll hold onto the sheets to keep herself upright. I'm so proud! And today when she was laying on the floor on her blanket, I saw her push herself upright for a few seconds! Holy moly! She's seriously going to be sitting up and crawling before I know it! It scares me just a bit! I keep thinking about how Christmas is almost here, and she's going to be 8 months old on Christmas! EEEK! What kind of toys do you buy for an 8 month old?!

I already know one thing I'm definitely getting her: A Brobee pillow! I love Brobee, he's totally my favorite. I think she'll like it. I'm going to order it when I get paid later this week in case Hot Topic decides they want to quit carrying all this nifty Yo Gabba Gabba gear before Christmas!

And speaking of holidays...what is Corbin going to be for Halloween?! I just don't know! I see a lot of cute baby costumes, but the cuter ones are for bigger babies! GRR! I wanted her to be Snow White. Maybe next year? I don't know, I guess we'll just have to see, but time is running out! AAAH!

Well, I'm going to end this with a few pictures from our latest tutu photoshoot from Saturday. :D Corbi-lou is so darling in pink. <3



This is my favorite picture, so it has officially been added to my portraits portfolio, lol. But here is a great outtake:



MMM! Tutu looks like cotton candy, tastes like tulle!

And finally, a C.O.X.C.U. (not really, lol):



<3

2 comments:

Anna said...

lol, I know what a C.O.X.C.U. stands for: Cute Overload Xtreme Close Up. And she IS beautiful, Tori! I love that she has her own pink tutu. And Halloween... I know, I have no idea what to dress Aaron up as. You could maybe make a snow white costume ......... like, a yellow tutu, blue onesie but sew on some little red and blue sleeves ... I mean if it's going to be just a costume and not daily wear, small stuff like you could probably hand-stitch it and just get fabric from the discount bin since it would be small pieces. OKAY well I wrote a lot more than I meant to. C-ya!

Dommi said...

She's so adorable! Her and Max would make a cute couple *wink* *wink*

Isn't it crazy how fast they are growing and learning?! I cannot believe that it's only a matter of time before their walking!

There's so many cute costumes to chose from, it's crazy. I have already bought a penguin and a flower costume. I saw some more super adorable ones today and had to keep myself from buying them. lol

This might sound weird, but I know of a few places that might have some things to make more creative costumes for little girls. Claires has some really cute costumes; there were some sets with little animal noses, tails, and ears. And they had some little crowns and little kid fairy wings, I had to resist buying them since they were all way too small for me and too girly for Max. Ross (dress for less) also had some super cute costumes in the baby section and they were all girls costumes.

I just got home from town about an hour ago and decided to check Corbin's blog to see if there was any new entries. And it was too funny that you mentioned the Brobee pillow from hot topic and how he's your favorite one. While I was in town we went buy hot topic because I love looking through the clearance items there, and I ended up buying a yo gabba gabba tank top and pin. And while we were at target I found some yo gabba gabba toys and bought Max a Brobee doll. I wanted to buy all 5 of them but I had already spent too much money. lol (they are only $6.50). I plan on going back and getting the rest and buying the other yo gabba gabba toys for some of his Christmas presents. I've been trying to slowly stalk up =-)
I just buy things that are marked for babies about a year old or ones that he can use when he is standing and sitting. (blocks, push toys, stuff animals, etc..) You could get some of those soft baby dolls, they will probably say for babies 12-24 months or something but our babies are geniuses and they will be able to use stuff in that range by that time as long as there isn't any tiny pieces or anything that comes off easy and can be a choking hazard. They put the ages so high for liability reasons. Together my husband and I have 3 nieces and 2 nephews; and all of them have used toys that were considered to be for older kids.

Sorry I always write novels in your comments ;)

I will quit blabbing and finish this off, but before I go I have to let you know that I saw the cutest little pink baby wigs the other day here and here