Monday, September 1, 2008

It's Swimmy Swim Time!



Okay, totally a reference to Yo Gabba Gabba, the coolest kids show out there, in my opinion. Ryan watched it with Corbin on Friday (I had to miss it, as I was still at work) and he said she probably didn't blink for the entire 30 minutes, lol. How fun! It's so cute.

But that's totally NOT what this post is about! :D

So this weekend we packed up the family again and made the trek down to middle Georgia! On Sunday we went to Uncle Scott's for Nanna's birthday party. It was fun being with the family, and we got to see baby Haley (my cousin who was born two weeks before Corbin), and of course Allison and Dot Dot. I love kids, especially the ones in my family, but I also realized how aggravating they can be! Corbin has a very VERY specific pacifier that she takes, and it's the one that came with her Pacimals pig. Pacimals are kind of new and you can only get them online (a coworker of mine got Corbin hers). It's seriously the only paci she will take, and the extra ones you have to order online.

SO...one of the toddlers (Dot Dot, I'm sure, but I still love her!) ran off with Corbin's pacifier. I was pretty upset, but luckily we were able to get one at Walmart that she will sort of take, but very reluctantly. Needless to say, I was ordering some more tonight as soon as I got home! I hope they come quickly, as they are shipping out of Atlanta!

Anywho...so last night we went and stayed the night with Ryan's family, and today we got to take Corbin swimming! It was so much fun! I have so many awesome pictures, so it's hard to narrow it down to a few to post on her blog, but I'll do my best.

First, we inspect the water. She doesn't seem too sure about this, lol.



Now we go to the person she trusts the most, which is Daddy. He's going to keep her safe and happy, always! :)



Taking a look at all the blue before we are submerged.



And now it's swimming time! And no, we aren't so sure about this, daddy!!!



I think she needs a minute to get used to the water. It was a little chilly upon first dip, but felt great very quickly. She looks a little happier already, but still a bit unsure, lol.



Well, it doesn't take TOO long for Corbin to warm up to the idea of swimming! Pretty soon she is all smiles and laughter!



I think her favorite part was getting to swim on her belly. She was kicking those little legs as fast as she could! I think it made her excited to think she was propelling herself across the pool!



And she swam with mommy, too! And please, excuse the fact that I feel too huge and fat to be seen in my swimsuit right now. I was more comfortable in my bathing suit two months after Corbin was born than I am now! Not to mention it just wouldn't fit! Hence the oversized tee-shirt. Oh yeah, and I bleached my hair, too, lol. I just can't leave it alone! Who knows what color it might be next week!




And of course Winston and Madison wanted to swim, too, right? LOL, well...sort of. I did manage to get Madison in the pool, but she was out in less than 30 seconds!



Family photo! I'm actually thinking this might be the VERY FIRST PHOTO of all three of us together! We should probably fix that!!



And finally, she decides that she's ready to get out of the pool. One last moment with daddy!



And now he hands her over to mommy to get dried off. We remove the swimmy diaper and wrap her up really cozy-like! She was all smiles. I think she really enjoyed herself. :)



And then, the final shot of the day before she completely PASSED OUT, before even making it back in the house!



Seriously, the child could not keep her eyes open, and stayed sound asleep the entire time she was getting dressed. It was too adorable. Maybe I should take her swimming more often to get those good long naps out of her! And of course, she slept all the way home to Athens. I love my good little baby goddess. :)

I'm totally looking forward to next summer when she'll be able to swim a little better and appreciate it more! Oh, the things I look forward to! I can hardly contain myself when I think of them, but at the same time I just don't want her to grow up! EEEEE...the woes of being a mommy.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh boy, those picture are so fun! It makes me want to get Aaron in a pool! So Ryan's folks have a pool? I don't think I knew that. Anyways, I want to see a pic with your new hair down. Okay so I'm going to get my hair cut next week and I don't know if I want to do highlights? o_o I don't even know how I'm getting it cut... I just know I don't want to come out with it looking the same ol' blah. Okay I'm done now. :)

Tori said...

Yeah, they've had a pool since as long as I've known Ryan, but I think they had just got it recently before we met? I don't remember. Something like that. They just got it fixed, too, and put in a new liner in it so now we can swim again, yay!

And I think you should chop it all off and go with a pixie cut! Not SHORT short, but like shoulder length and wispy...I don't know. I'm too chicken (and too fat) to have a haircut like that, but I think you could pull it off! If nothing else, at least get some choppy long layers cut in and highlights are always fun! Or low-lights. Maybe some reddish ones, because your hair is SO brown? I don't know, lol. Here's a good website that I like to use for inspiration, though:

http://www.bosshairstyles.com/long-hairstyles-01.htm

You can spend at least an hour on that website! Have fun! :D